Tue 26 February 2019 | 8:30 pm – 11:30 pm
Barby – Derech Kibuts Galuyot 52, Tel Aviv, 135 NIS
The electronic jazz prodigy “Anomaly” comes for one performance at Barby!
Anomaly is the jazz / punk project of producer and keyboard player from Montreal Canada – Nicholas Dopius.
Nicholas is only 22, but 17 years of keyboard and musical development is behind him. He is wearing the Anomaly suit from 2012, when he began creating and producing original sounds. After a long ripening process in which he concocted classic influences, jazz scales, punk bits and electronic elements, Anomaly released his debut album, Metropole.
The album was released in 2017 by the label “Lowtemp” (Grammatik) as a conceptual work inspired by the birthplace of Anomaly, Montreal. The clips he produced on the Web became viral and reached millions of views and made him a rich news.
The album received quite a few compliments and shares from blogs and important artists such as FKJ, Tom Misch, and Thundercat, and developed into Metropol 2, the sequel, which was released just last month.
Now, after a solo tour in North America, participation in Summer Camp and Montreal Jazz Festival and Warming of Kamasi Washington and Glitch Move – Anomaly will arrive in a full lineup for a one-time performance at Barby.
Check Out The Event Page On Facebook
Local rock bands of variable quality perform most nights at Camelot and Ha-Bima Club, and also at Mike’s Place, which is a foreigner-friendly bar down on the seafront. Benchmark is a relative newcomer featuring live music in the bar-saturated area of Nakhalat Binyamin.
For hardcore fans who are prepared to travel, Barbie mixes Israeli rock with Russian hard rock. Cafe Henrietta, Coffee House and Green Racoon, all of which are in central Tel Aviv, all feature jazz at least one night a week.
- Clubbing in Tel Aviv (9/5/2016) - The Tel Aviv club scene is comparable to those in most European capitals. Top international (and local) DJs regularly perform in Tel Aviv, with clubs constantly vying to outdo each other with ever more extravagant parties. Be aware, Clubbing in Tel Aviv is popular, busy and exciting.
- Eilat’s Isrotel Theater (8/15/2016) - Eilat's Isrotel Theater is a magnificent theater that hosts performances every evening. The Isrotel Theater hosts the famous and spectacular show - WOW that combines acrobatics, dancers and artists from around the world. WOW created by the famous Israeli artist Hanoch Rosen, and is one of the most popular attractions in the city of Eilat, you simply should not miss it.
- Entertainment in Israel (9/28/2016) - Many say that there is not enough entertainment in Israel. Is that so? Israel has its theaters, concert halls and cinematheque in Jerusalem (high culture), but in Tel Aviv are the bigger entertainment centers (popular culture). In Jerusalem they pray, in Haifa they work, in Tel Aviv they play. In this article I describe entertainment in Israel and where to find it.
- Feast of Tabernacles 2016 – October 2016 (9/8/2016) - Sukkot, the Feast of Booths, was special in that historically, it was the holiday on which all nations pilgrimaged to Jerusalem, not just the Jewish people. For the past 33 years, thousands of Christians from around the world come to Jerusalem every fall to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles, sponsored by the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem.
- February 2019 – ANOMALIE (LIVE / FULL BAND) LL 26.2 LL BARBY (2/13/2019) - Tue 26 February 2019 | 8:30 pm – 11:30 pm Barby – Derech Kibuts Galuyot 52, Tel Aviv, 135 NIS The electronic jazz prodigy “Anomaly” comes for one performance at Barby! Anomaly is the jazz / punk project of producer and keyboard player from Montreal Canada – Nicholas Dopius. Nicholas is only 22, but 17 years of … Continue reading February 2019 – ANOMALIE (LIVE / FULL BAND) LL 26.2 LL BARBY
- February 2019 – MANOWAR 2019 FINAL BATTLE TOUR (2/13/2019) - The veteran American heavy rock band Manowar, one of the most recognized and important in the genre, has announced that it will arrive in Israel for one concert on February 25, 2019 at Hangar 11 in Tel Aviv.
- February 2019 – VALENTINE&BLUES REBELS @ ARTHALL TLV (2/11/2019) - Legendary Blues-Rock Band The Blues Rebels That Have Performed With Some Of The Greatest Blues Stars In The World .Rocking&Romancing The Blues On Valentine At Art Hall Tlv
- Funk, Groove, Indie, Hip Hop, House, Rapper, Rock and Soul Music in Israel (9/28/2016) - We can find Funk, Indie, Groove, Hip Hop, House, Rapper, Rock and Soul Music everywhere in Israel, and specially in festivals all over the year. In certain selected bars, dancings, clubs in Tel Aviv there are many artists making music in these genres. In the south of Israel you can find them in festivals and regularly in hotels and nightclubs.
- Hamshushalayim Winter Festival 2016, December 2016 (9/8/2016) - Every weekend in December is a celebration throughout Jerusalem. People come together, from artists to tour operators, to offer visitors to the city a rich cultural experience. Enjoy the special concerts, plays, dance performances and exhibitions. Hamshushalayim, is Jerusalem’s annual winter festival. It takes place over four consecutive weekends (Thursday to Saturday) and it is sure to keep you warm this winter.
- Hanukkah Blues Festival in Jerusalem 2016 – December 2016 (9/8/2016) - Last year, Jerusalem hosted the first ever Hanukkah Blues Festival with an all-star lineup of Israeli and international musicians. Stay tuned for more information about next year’s festival.
- International Music Showcase Festival 2016 – November 2016 (9/7/2016) - For eight days the International Music Showcase Festival serves as a central platform in Israel to introduce the best Israeli jazz and world music ensembles and the best rock, indie and electronic bands to the global music industry.
- Jerusalem Jazz Festival 2016 – December 2016 (9/8/2016) - While Jerusalem typically flies under the radar when it comes to music, it is home to a thriving jazz scene of accomplished musicians and avid fans of the genre.Last year’s inaugural festival featured some of the biggest talent in Israel and from around the world playing intimate shows at the Israel Museum and Yellow Submarine.
- Jerusalem Sacred Music Festival 2016 – September 2016 (1/7/2016) - Musicians of a myriad of religions from the four corners of the world gather once a year in Jerusalem for a pilgrimage of peace, tolerance and brotherhood and for four days of performances that will make you stop and ponder, have you dancing wildly, enlighten you and make your heart soar.
- Kyle Eastwood Quintet, Jazz – March 2017 (9/7/2016) - Renowned bass player and composer Kyle Eastwood has composed music to some of the famous movies his father Clint has directed including Mystic River and A Million Dollar Baby. His music combines the jazz he grew up on with pop, rock and funk. He leads his exciting quintet in an evening of fusion from the movies.
- March 2019 – FATTAL ROCK FESTIVAL (2/12/2019) - Fattal Rock Festival 7 is underway! Thursday night: Nechi Nech hosts Carolina. Omer Adam hosts Marina Maximilian. Friday afternoon: Teapacks host Eliad Nahum. Friday night: Avraham Tal hosts Keren Peles. Rami Fortis hosts Hadag Nachash and Dudu Tessa. Saturday afternoon: Neta Barzilai. Ethnix.
- March 2019 – MIKE SHINODA ✦ 25.3.19 ✦ HANGAR 11 TLV (2/13/2019) - Shinoda is a songwriter, producer and graphic artist who is responsible for some of Linkin’s album covers. In 2005, he released a solo album under the name “Fort Minor”, which reached fourth place in the album charts for the same year. The album was already praised by Variety, Rolling Stone Magazine, The New York Times , NME and more.
- March 2019 – SHAMBALA FESTIVAL ✯ DESERT CELEBRATION ✯ (2/12/2019) - Tue 19 March 2019 | 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm Beer Menuha – Beer Menuha, South Israel, From 250 NIS We have missed you ☺ ✿ SHAMBALA ✿ A colorful tribal gathering of Spirit ~ Love ~ Healing ~ Dance & Celebration ✿ 18-20/10/2018 Purim was incredible. We experienced something special and magical together. And we received … Continue reading March 2019 – SHAMBALA FESTIVAL ✯ DESERT CELEBRATION ✯
- Mashina for your Israeli Rock Music – September 2016 (1/5/2016) - Considered to be the most important and influential rock band ever, Mashina started rocking out at 1984, and broke their band 11 years later, 1995. When they announced their return, on 2003, Israeli oldschoolrock lovers were ecstatic. This band of “old people” is carrying it’s tune and performing till this very day, proving to us all that age is just a number.
- May 2019 – MENASHE FOREST FESTIVAL 2019 (2/12/2019) - Thu 30 May 2019 – Sat 1 June 2019 | All Day xKibbutz Mishmar HaEmek – Mishmar HaEmek, Mishmar HaEmek, 290-335 Live Music | 3 days with camping | North Central Israel | May A fun 3-day festival, with live performances from over 80 top Israeli bands across all genres – the lineup has included amazing bands … Continue reading May 2019 – MENASHE FOREST FESTIVAL 2019
- Musrara Band – September 2016 (1/8/2016) - Musrara is a Jerusalemite rock band with both a social and a musical agenda. The band was founded by siblings Ofer, Bonnie (Mazar), & Roie Greenberg. They perform original music that combines love songs, protest songs, and songs about life experiences. The band is named after the iconic Jerusalem neighborhood whose residents took to the streets in the early seventies, under the leadership of the Black Panthers, and changed the social and political reality in Israel.
- Queen + Adam Lambert in Tel Aviv – September 2016 (1/5/2016) - Queen is coming to Israel in September with John Deacon! – but they still have all the classic songs, one of the best drummers ever (Roger Taylor), one of the best guitarists ever (Brian May of course), and flamboyant American Idol star Adam Lambert trying his hardest to impersonate Freddie Mercury.
- Rachelle Ferrell Jazz, May 2017 (9/7/2016) - One of the most dynamic creators in the current international music scene. Integrating in her enormous voice various musical genres: classical, pop, jazz and soul. This is her first performance in Israel.
- Ricky Martin in Tel Aviv! – September 2016 (1/5/2016) - One of the most famous Latino artists in the World is coming to Tel Aviv in September for a special concert at the Nokia Arena, as part of his One World Tour!
- Rock, Jazz and Blues in Israel (9/28/2016) - Local rock bands of variable quality perform most nights at Camelot and Ha-Bima Club, and also at Mike’s Place, which is a foreigner-friendly bar down on the seafront. Benchmark is a relative newcomer featuring live music in the bar-saturated area of Nakhalat Binyamin. For hardcore fans who are prepared to travel, Barbie mixes Israeli rock with Russian hard rock. Cafe Henrietta, Coffee House and Green Racoon, all of which are in central Tel Aviv, all feature jazz at least one night a week.
- Shalom Hanoch – September 2016 (1/5/2016) - Considered to be the father of Israeli rock music, Shalom Hanoch was greatly influenced by the American Rock’N’Roll. In 1967 he was discovered by the late Arik Einstein and 3 years later they partnered up officially launching Shalom Hanoch’s music career. “Arba Tachanot” (Four Stations), was Shalom Hanoch’s latest concert, where he featured the four stations of his musical career on one stage. The concert was considered a huge success due to both Hanoch’s amazing talent and having Israeli rock stars to guesting with him on stage.
- Shaon Horef – Cultural Festival 2017 – February 2017 (9/8/2016) - Every year, for 4 weeks in February, the Shaon Horef Cultural Festival transforms the streets of Jerusalem into a lively cultural venue full of surprises as thousands of young people come together for this exciting series of cultural happenings with more then 100 free events.
- Sounds of the Old City 2017 – March 2017 (9/8/2016) - Sounds of the Old City is a festival of international music inspired by the Old City quarters which are a focal point of Jerusalem’s culture and tourism. It allows visitors the exposure to the musical traditions found in the Old City of Jerusalem where special melodies both ancient and modern, played on a range of instruments and ensembles, create a collage of beautiful music.
- Tamar Festival 2016 with Idan Raichel Project, Balkan Beat Box, Asaf Avidan, Mosh Ben Ari, and Ehud Banai – October 2016 (9/6/2016) - A five-day celebration of some of Israel’s most loved musicians, 2015’s lineup includes The Idan Raichel Project, Balkan Beat Box, Asaf Avidan, Mosh Ben Ari, and Ehud Banai. Founded in 2000, the Tamar Festival is usually held during Succot at venues around Massada. The main concerts are in the evening and at sunrise. There are spaces to set up tents (and also lots of local hotels and hostels), but you need to get individual tickets for each event. If you want to experience a beautiful part of Israel, and top Israeli musicians, this is a great way of doing it!
- Tel Aviv Blues Festival – Winter Acoustic Edition – December 2016 (9/6/2016) - The Tel Aviv Blues Festival Winter Acoustic Edition is a new add-on to the Summer version, this is the second Tel Aviv Blues Festival,the first was held in July 2015 and was enjoyed by over 6,000 people.
- Tel Aviv Jazz Festival 2016 – November 2016 (9/6/2016) - Held every year at Cinemateque, the Tel Aviv Jazz Festival attracts top musicians from Israel and abroad. Most tickets are now sold out, but there are still a few available through the Zappa Website – be sure to check out JD Allen, Richie Cole and Tierney Sutton
- The Apples for your Jazz, Groove and Funk Music – September 2016 (1/5/2016) - If you are into the combination of Jazz, Groove and Funk, The Apples is the band you should be listening to. Started making music at 2002, The Apples currently take pride in 4 albums and an audience addicted to their special music. Having recently collaborated with Trombone player Fred Wesley, The Apples are truly a band to go check out live.
- The Omer Avital Quintet Jazz – January 2017 (9/7/2016) - Israeli-international composer and bassist Omer Avital, a virtuoso musician who was named “the Israeli Charlie Mingus”, in a festive concert celebrating 25 years of international performances with his new quintet and special guests.
- The Opera at Zappa – My Way – January 2017 (9/7/2016) - A homage to one of the greatest singers of all time who captivated audiences all over the world with his beloved songs and the music of the 50s. Night and Day, New York, New York, Strangers in the Night, September, The Lady is a Tramp
- The Tour from Hell (10/1/2016) - This tour was the tour from hell ... for me. For the group absolutely not, because they had loads of fun, costing me my hair of course. We are talking about a tour, which shows what Israel actually is, a mixture of culture, adventure, exploration and Israeli sights in all the major touristic centers of Israel. This article is part of the Tour Guide Diaries September 2016.
One of the most dynamic creators in the current international music scene. Integrating in her enormous voice various musical genres: classical, pop, jazz and soul. This is her first performance in Israel.
Renowned bass player and composer Kyle Eastwood has composed music to some of the famous movies his father Clint has directed including Mystic River and A Million Dollar Baby. His music combines the jazz he grew up on with pop, rock and funk. He leads his exciting quintet in an evening of fusion from the movies.