StartUpRoots plants seeds of financial independence, sustainability, health, and entrepreneurial spirit in Israeli youth through a holistic approach to food using hydroponic farming and curricula that is rooted in Jewish tradition.
StartUpRoots is an incubator for success. StartUpRoots provides environmental education, promotes health through lessons in culinary arts and nutrition, empowers youth with hands-on entrepreneurial activities, and raises awareness of social responsibility by providing opportunities to learn and apply Jewish values through sustainable practices.
Advantages of Hydroponic Farming:
- It uses only 1/10th of water compared to traditional, soil-based, gardening.
- A wide variety of plants can be grown
- In a controlled environment, crops can be grown all year round.
- Crops grow faster and many more crops can be grown in the same amount of space
- Hydroponic farming can be bug-free, as well chemical-pesticide free as such, plants are healthier and have better nutritional value.
- Labor is significantly reduced and upkeep is minor
- It requires significantly less space in comparison to soil-based gardens, as plants with small roots can be grown closer to each other