The St. Abraham’s Monastery is located at the Greek Orthodox Square of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher at the South-East corner of the square. Used for residence. In the past it belonged to the Ethiopians, however in 1660 it changed hands to the Greeks, as the Ethiopians were unable to pay their taxes to the Turkish Sultan. There is a large water pit under the church dating back to the Byzantine era, and on the roof is an olive tree that according to tradition is the tree to which the ram was tied during the sacrifice of Isaac by Abraham, from which the church takes its name. Map.