Tue 30 June 2020 | All Day
You know a city is truly awesome when there is someone in the city’s cultural committee who thought to himself “hey, let’s keep the city open all night long”. Tel Aviv’s White Night celebration is one of the biggest events of the year, with all night parties; and when the shop owners and restaurants literally don’t close. Stores that usually close at 10pm will be open till 6am and beer will be drunk and music will be heard in different public locations throughout the city. Even some museums and galleries stay open all night, so there are hundreds of things to do!
At the same time throughout the city, dozens of events take place in cultural and art centers, commercial establishments and clubs citywide, many of which stay open late, and outdoor performances are held until the early hours of the morning. The events are open to the general public, mainly free-of-charge or for a nominal fee, and tourists, visitors and locals can enjoy a wide variety of great events.
Some of the annual highlights on White Night in Tel Aviv (I believe most are free to enter):
- Many of Tel Aviv’s Bauhaus buildings on Rothschild and Bialik Streets are lit up throughout the night with special spotlights highlighting unique architectural elements.
- Rothschild Street is going to be buzzing with action, including circus acts, street bands, and dancers dressed in white and “lit up” flitting through the crowds. Rothschild Street is very much at the heart of the action!
- Kikar Rabin will have its usual headphone party, with music and dancing (all via headphones) kicking off at 8pm and continuing way past midnight.
- Jaffa Flea Market is usually open all night long.
- Join legendary Israeli singers at dawn on Tzuk beach (usually starts at 1am).
- Tours conducted by the Tourism Association of Tel Aviv-Yafo.
- Many great restaurants/bars offer a one-off deal especially for White Night.