Sun 22 September 2019 | 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm
AB – Culinary Production Company – HaTehiya 14, Tel Aviv
You ask, we deliver.
💛 Niggen Soul Sessions is officially a *RECURRING EVENT* at Studio 207! 💛
You’re cordially invited to the Second Official Niggen Soul Sessions.
What are SOUL SESSIONS?
1. The Soul Sessions celebrate all of our original music (and its rich Jewish roots).
2. They’re a testing ground for us to regularly practice our newest pieces in front of the audience we love…
3. …and they’re a home-base, a space for you to meet the eclectic, diverse, open hearted Niggen community.
3. There will always be a *different guest artist*…
4. …and there will always be food and drinks.
So if you didn’t make it the first time, come on down. We love nothing more than meeting you. 💜
▪️ Tickets: 50 NIS at the door, cash only.
▪️ Studio 207, HaThiya 14, Jaffa. (Go two floors up the stairs on the left side of the warehouse.)
▪️ Doors, bar, and kitchen open @ 8
▪️ Music starts @ 9 (but really this time!)
▪️ Full bar and fresh herring to soothe your soul.
Bring your spouses, kids, friends, grandparents.
It will be an evening for the books.
🎼 Niggen is an original jazz ensemble that creates new Hasidic Jewish music.
Within Hasidism, the “niggen” (melody) is a tool used to awaken the soul toward spiritual reflection. The melody is believed to have a power to rid man of the mundane, day-to-day dust, and elevate him unto higher states of connection with the creator and all of creation. There are melodies that bring the soul to joy and those that bring it to longing. There are melodies evoking heroism and those evoking inner peace.
The Niggen Quartet translates these traditional Hasidic melodies into contemporary jazz.
Tom Lev // Sax
Yosef Levi // Drums
Opher Schneider // Bass
Itamar Dahan // Piano